5 Tips For Feeling Good
Posted: May 20, 2020
We all have ups and downs, we have good days, bad days, and everything in between. What would it do for you, if you could increase the number of good days you have? Below are 5 tips that can help you achieve more good days.
1. Create a Support Network. When you are having a bad day, it is always nice to have trusted people to turn to. You need to be able to vent and get your feelings out without judgment. A support network can be friends, family, community members, whoever you have in your life that cares about you and that you can trust can be a part of your support network. These people will gladly lend you their ear to listen, their arm to cry on, and also give you sound advice to get through your bad moment and allow you to still enjoy your day.
2. Make Time for Fun. When was the last time you had fun? It is so important and many of us forget that even though our lives are hectic, that you have to make time for fun. Mark time off on your calendar to be able to enjoy a vacation, going for a hike, even if it is just to meet up with some close friends. Make this a regular part of your routine. When you do this, you are increasing your number of good days and creating priceless memories.
3. Help Others. Few things give more pleasure than helping others. If your neighbor is moving, offer to help carry the boxes to the moving van. Call local charities and see if you can help in any way. It will warm your heart when you see how you are making the lives of those around you better. DoTerra has an amazing oil, that you could gift to someone who is going through a rough time. It is called Console and it has an uplifting aroma, that encourages positive thoughts.
4. Treat Yourself. Many of us think that treating ourselves is selfish or not what they are “supposed” to do. If you start taking better care of yourself, you will have more good days than bad. Read that book that you have been putting off for months. Go on a walk and listen to your favorite podcast or music. Buy that outfit you have had in your Amazon cart, but keep moving it to the Save For Later. Don’t be afraid or feel you are doing something wrong when you treat yourself. You deserve it!
5. Plan. There is something to be said for when you wake up in the morning knowing exactly what your day is going to entail, including what outfit you are going to wear. You can plan ahead for the next day, week, month, whatever works for you, but having a plan no matter how big or small makes life so much easier and will increase your number of good days. Don’t overthink this, you can write your plans in a notebook or use your calendar app on your phone. You don’t need to invest in any tools to plan ahead.
So tell me, what will you do to increase your number of good days? Leave it in the comments below, I am excited to hear!
Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook for more ways to feel good and have more good days.